There’s a chill wind blowing in from the West if the main stories on today’s Folio website are anything to go by:
* Layoffs, Restructuring at Time Inc.
* McGraw-Hill Cuts 270 Jobs
* Newsweek Publisher’s Credit Rating Downgraded
* B-to-B Marketers Cling to ‘Familiar Approaches’
* Business Elite Still Love Print
* Reed Elsevier to Increase Loan Package for RBI Buyer ‘Significantly’
* MSLO Reports $7.3M Loss
* Another One Done: 02138 Folds
* Robb Report on Block, Again
The only ‘good news’ is the Business Elite one – the results of a survey carried out on behalf of publishing companies that ‘proves’ that business people still read newspapers and magazines.