A neat little summary in PaidContent on some of the bigger publishers’ financials.
- NatMags: a pre-tax loss of £42.8m in 2008 – compared with a £10.8m profit in 2007
- Haymarket: pre-tax profits down from £8m in 2007 to £4.5m in 2008
- Reed Business Information: Profits fell 47% in H109 to £39m.
- UBM: In the first half of 2009, UBM’s profits fell by more than a quarter year on year to £48m.
- Centaur: First-half profits fell by 88% year on year to £1.7m.
- Euromoney: The DMGT-owned publisher has said it will meet its 2008/09 profit target of £57m for the year to 30 September.
- Future: For its H109, announced in May, Future saw its profits fall 70% to £1.2m.
- Economist Group: For the year to March 31, operating profits were 26% higher year on year at £56m.